Saturday, November 26, 2005

Filming of "Pursuit of Happiness" on MY block!

Just wanted to let you know that on September 25, 2005 I woke up to find that the set of "Pursuit of Happiness" starring Will Smith decided to take over my block!

Here is what it looked like on O'Farrell and Leavenworth...


Notice in this first picture, Will Smith is actually coming out of his SUV, to begin shooting. If you look carefully, I believe his son can be seen in the car as well.




First take begins.


Soon, after a series of takes up Leavenworth, the crew moved up O'farrell St, and set up shop at my doorstep... Catering was literally at my door, and I snapped this photo as I stepped out to go to the post office... Getting through that mess was a struggle, but it was entertaining as well!


After I got back from the post office, I went up to the fire escape to see the view from there. Old taxis from the 70's took over the street. What a sight!


As I tried to head off to work, I was bombarded with actors and crew all over the place... I managed to seal a shot with Will Smith! Who would have known! (I look like such a dorkus)

No comments: