Saturday, April 16, 2005

Dinner at Enrico's


This was a great Chilean red. It was perfect with Ellie's Lamb Stew, and my fish since it was deliciously mild with a tinge of spice. It never overwhelmed the food. We had a little left when we had dessert and found that it was awful with our German Chocolate Cake.... Then again, probably most wines would be...


This is one of the best appetizers ever tasted. Ellie agrees. It is a lightly toasted thick slice of italian bread with slices of smoked salmon topped with soft goat cheese and, the best part, cucumber jam! It was FABULOUS!


I couldn't really eat this one, since it had bacon on it, but hey, I'm not complaining, it was a complimentary dish, as we had waited quite a long time for the arrival of our appetizers. Ellie scarfed this one down, claiming it was so delicious. Well, it did have some good ingredients: Spinach leaves, pine nuts and a breaded goat cheese on top. The dressing seemed tasty too.


This is Ellie's Lamb Stew (forgot the real name). She said that it was very homey and comforting. She also said it was very rich and filling and said her leftovers would make a great lunch for the next day.


This is my fish entree, served on top of couscous, so they say. I honestly can't remember what fish this was. Possibly halibut. But it was really good. I have had better, though. The one thing that bothered me a little was the couscous, which is something I have eaten a lot of as a child. This couscous was quite different from what I am used to and tasted more like Orzo (rice-shaped pasta) than couscous. The little grains were way larger than I have ever tasted and maybe it is indeed a form of couscous, but it certainly didn't really taste like it. Nevertheless, it did taste good (just wasn't couscous in my mind).


The yummy German Chocolate Cake served with a Coconut Chocolate Sauce.

No comments: